1.11.2004

jimi lives forever!!

Feeling : frisky
Listening to : smashing pumpkins - zero

I wrote the following piece one night while listening to hendrix.... you can notice the similarities..... also its almost like im symbolizing the character as every man, woman or child...im using him to show us about how we go about our pointless lives.... we see the follies of ourselves and others...... in the end when we get whatever it is that we crave.... its taken away from us along with every other thing that we treasure.... we may not crave the "thing" that we need... it might just fall into our hands and only then do we know that that is what we need....and once you get this "thing" you give up too easily.... thus you end it all, on your own without you even knowing... look at yourself... are you satisfied with you?.... are you happy?... are you truly content?.....are you experienced? ;)...


Light From The Sun

"PURPLE HAZE ALL IN MY BRAIN,
LATELY THINGS JUST DON'T SEEM THE SAME.
ACTIN' FUNNY, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHY
'SCUSE ME WHILE I KISS THE SKY."
- Purple Haze [Jimi Hendrix, 1967]

Fiery hair a' burning,
I watch them poor mermaids die.
Them sailors be pulling them out one by one
And they be a' celebrating.
Them mermaids be choking like a man in water,
Writhing and twitching they lay;
I be watching them through closed eyes.

Do them people have no mercy?
Mer-babes lie about dead as wood
And their mothers beside.
Mer-men splashing about in the bay
Weeping like young maidens;
For they never will see their mates again.
They be crying tears not to be seen in the water.

Lifting my hands high up - I soar,
Soar so high above the bay that I can touch the sky.
I look down upon the gray world of black kingdoms
And plagues from the innermost depths of Heides,
I can't help but wonder;
"Doth they know not what the do?"
But no one answers my query.

Flying northward towards the sunset
I see them unicorns playing with the Blue Serpent.
In mirth doth one unicorn poke at the Serpent;
But the Serpent doth not take the jest to heart.
He turns back and smiteth them unicorns
And turns an evil, green eye in my direction
For fear of my skin I flee eastward.

Disturbed I run through the sky,
Visions of flying mermaids and unicorns I see;
They all be of times better than that now.
Why hath all powerful of folk be evil?
Why doth they pleasure themselves by death?
Yea, they be powerful,
But doth them have power enough to proclaim themselves gods?

Many a length have I flown by now
And I glance upon the Earth.
Hark! What do mine eyes see below me?
What is that shiny object I spy?
Doth it be some magics of the Evil One?
Oh, but he attraction is far too much.
I cannot resist, I must investigate the Machine.

I know not what this is...
It doth be an object of greenish color
(Like that of the grass below mine feet)
Connected it is to a cord to an evil looking box.
In great fear I lift up this Machine,
I make a sign to the heavens for the grace of the One
And look down upon this contraption.

All of a sudden my fingers move!
They be moving at their own accord,
Far more deftly then ever could I manage.
But wait! That is but nothing,
This machine be making sounds as I strike it.
My fingers move in lightning speed
They be striking the machine and making heavenly sounds.

I let the flow control me.
My shell of feeling ripped away
I stand naked to the sound of the machine.
My fingers move faster and faster over the strings
Until I feel dizzy with ecstasy and fall over.
On my back I lay, making them sounds
Now coming forth from the Machine like light from the Sun.

Then I shut my eyes and die...

"IF I DON'T MEET YOU NO MORE IN THIS WORLD;
THEN I'LL MEET YA ON THE NEXT ONE.
AND DON'T BE LATE!"
- Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) [Jimi Hendrix, 1968]

PS: will somebody out there pls teach me how to centralize and enlarge text and stuff like that.... i cant code for peanuts....thanks

No comments: