9.09.2004

Agoraphobia

sound : TOOL - Pushit (Live) feat. Alok Dutta

Look at your blurry eyes,
Why are they spinning?
Why sneer at me?
Grunting and grumbling,
Frightened I stay inside,
Watching over my shoulders
And double-checking every lock.

Utopia in my head.
Utopia in my mind.
Utopia in my home.

Dare I join the flock?
Blinded sheep running,
Stampeding towards the edge.

Dare I be one of you?
Baffled by your dogma,
Crawling to your destruction.

Dare I leave my security behind?
The comfort, the warmth,
To walk out into your cruel, cruel world.

Dare I open the doors?
Turn the key and twist the knob,
To expose myself to your dirty stigma.

Euphoria in my head.
Euphoria in my mind.
Euphoria in my home.

I'm so lonely,
But it's ok because I am safe.
Zodiac lovers and bird watchers
They don’t scare me anymore
Because I have found God.
I look into his eyes,
And see that they are mine.

peacerespectempathy

No comments: