4.15.2005

"My Gucci's are frickin' magical dude!!!"

sound : Time - Pink Floyd

i'm here... i'm in kerala... chirakadavu to be exact... how am i?... surrounded by bugs, cursing at the gods of electricity, praying to the god(esse)s of music... fine, i guess...

the journey was good... yeah... had a small chat with one of the stewardesses on the flight from sharjah to bombay about me being the entertainment for the flight... told her that i might, just for her... that made her smile... then the two days at bombay were good... actually, one of those days was awesome... got t out of her school and spent the day with her... she's still all good but never got the time for a proper one-on-one... always had the folks and akshay around... but it was awesome... felt nice to have t around... she's like sunshine... yeah... sunshine... and me... i was the flower basking i her radiance.... i love that kid....

then there's his grand uncle of mine in bombay... we call him zacari uncle... before we entered his house, mama was like, "avi, you'll like this guy."... i was sceptical...the first glimpse i see of him is him sitting on his chair reading "The Alchemist"!... he was real cool... reads a ton of books... quotes poetry and shakespeare.... is a major '50s fan... he considers marilyn monroe a goddess... we sat and watched monroe's "Niagara"... frankly speaking... i kinda liked the movie... then he played some sinatra while we talked and had lunch.... he can sing too... he's all '50s... a real cool guy... he has an awesome dvd collection (think psycho, pygmallion, fiddler on the roof and a ton of marilyn monroe movies) and listens to great music... frank sinatra, simon and garfunkel and bob dylan to name a few... then when we were leaving he gave me a dvd... al pacino's "taxi driver"!!!... he said he knew that it was my type of movie!... and thanks to me being in malluland, there's no way on earth that i can play it here...none-the less, i was touched... this guy's met me just once in my life (not counting the time when i was 5 or 4 or something) and we connect... why didn't i meet him earlier?... he gave me his email address and told me to write him... and i will... now that's a cool old guy...

on the trip from bombay to malluland... well, i slept through the whole flight... didnt bother talking with the stewardess on my part of the plane cos she was all middle-aged and flabby and grumpy and stuff... sheesh!... was looking around at the duty free at the bombay (what kind of a name is mumbhai?.. i hate it... i prefer bombay) airport and the two girls who work in it come up to me and start a conversation... i was in awe of myself... i was never such a good flirt but there, i ruled!... hell yeah... while standing in the line i got to thinking... me: fat, short and ugly... the girls at the duty free: nice, sweet, sugar-and-spice-and-everything-nice types.... why was it that they came up to me... what in god-dude's holy name made them get the idea that they wanted to know my name and where im from and where i study and stuff... then it struck me... the answer was that simple... the answer was right there on the tip of my nose (quite literally too)... my new glasses!!!!... my glasses are magical without a doubt... it managed to convert a girl repellant fat-dude into an interesting love-god!... ok, i'm goin' way ahead of myself there... but yeah... i may not be a love-god but i'm better off than being a girl-repellor.... my gucci's are frickin' magical dude!!!

home-sickness is kinda new to me... i may have studied in boardingschool since i was ten years old but the closest i've ever come to home-sickness was missing my parents in the first two weeks of school in the sixth grade... i never was much of a home person... i asked and left home at age ten... but now... it's different... its nopt my folks i'm missing... no... its other people... i miss jeddah... i miss the people in jeddah... i miss every one of them... my dearest friends arun, ajnu, tina, akhil, neet, joel, jaimie... the older people: alex unc, joji nt, thankachen unc, susan nt, chachen, sunil unc, etc... even the little kids... aswati, neha, veni, shedda and lots more.... the love i feel for these human beings is so much... i guess its the closest i can get to paolo coehlo's description of agape... agape being the love that consumes, agape being the finality of eros and philos.... the all-consuming love... yes, this is what i feel for these people... agape... i controlled myself from crying at home the day before leaving but i couldnt help mysself in the aiport... i didn't cry out loud but i let my tears flow freely... it felt good in a bitter-sweet sorta way... all of us standing around hugging each other and crying in a way of just sharing our love for each other... that is the purest form of love... when you can open your hearts and your souls to a group of people... that is philos... it is with philos that people heal themselves during group therapies... that is exactly what it is... philos... people baring their souls to other people who in turn bare their's to you.... this is the purest and most beautiful form of love that i have ever experienced in my as-yet short, pointless, inexperienced existance on this realm...for all of you who have been there for me, i love you... for those that are my true friends, i love you...

the iPod is available in bombay... well not legally but smuggled... what the hell though... the thing is available sans any taxes... the shuffle is just Rs. 5200!!!... all this when i dont have any money.... yeah, i didn't get a discman yet.... i feel musically starved... right now i'm listening to pink floyd on these fucked up speakers on the pc....

i miss my friends... i miss home... i hate malluland... theres never any electricity and im constantly covered by a three inch layer of bugs....

i miss my friends....

i hate malluland...

peacerespectempathy

No comments: