10.23.2004

The Centurion Speaketh

sound : Brian Setzer - Malaguena

yes ladies and germs, it is true... i have reached my hundredth post... i am a centurion among bloggers... i am en par with the master bloggers of our time... i am typing my hundredth post...

remember this?

To be done over by a dog
Then washed down with some lemonade,
Ah, I am but the dumb-ass ,
The lord of germs and worms.
Amen to you damsel of shit,
Forget me maiden named life,
Goodbye all.

yes, my very first post circa Saturday, January 10, 2004 e.v., 1:52 AM... the birth of The Scarred Philosopher (then known as Orb) was in those humble words... a complex mixture of seething self-hatred and purely tongue in cheek poetry.... so small were the beginnings, yet i still remain relatively unknown and ignored...

what progress has been made in the past 100 posts?... have i been in any way enlightened/ edified?... yes my outlooks on life are far more logical and perversely cynical... everything i see i judge... i am not perfect yet i attain immence pleasure in insulting others and their beliefs and ideas... am i mean?... am i a mindless cynic?.... lets leave that at that....

has my predicament (education-wise and capital-wise) changed over the past 100 posts?.... not too much... im still not in college... im still broke... and i still havent found my anima...

whats changed over the past 100 posts?
  • my guitaring has improved
  • i can do basic repairs on a car
  • my hair has grown really long
  • my tastes in music have improved in geometric figures
  • i have started studying for my GRE
  • my writing has improved
  • i lost most of my writing and music in the great disk failure of '04
  • my interest in philosophy and alternative religion has increased
  • i havent lost weight (so thats not much of a "change")
  • i have worked as a car mechanic, a teacher (matial arts) and as a market researcher
  • i found out that i am not an unnatractive blob of meat

on the whole it seems like there is a slight improvement (however small it may be).... im older, wiser and much more aggressive about life... my outlook on what Is has changed and i believe that the All is much more receptive to my brain mutterings... i am more in tough with art, music, expression than ive evr been in my whole life... yes... i can proudly say that i am a better person...

a hundred posts....

WOW!!


peacerespectempathy

1 comment:

Ajit Nathaniel said...

Mazel tov! Congratulations!

It's nice to do an evaluation at a benchmark... What martial art did you do?

Ajit.